The Project Officer is primarily responsible for supporting the Manager, Surat Aboriginal Corporation (SAC) by assisting with bookkeeping, accounts management and reports, as well as providing administrative support for the SAC Board of Directors. Additionally, the Project Officer will also coordinate SAC projects and events when required.
Status: Casual employment up to 16.5 hours a week + further hours optional until 20th December 2019
Salary: $25.73-$27.55 per hour Award rate
(Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010)
Location: Based in Surat, however, may require travel throughout the Maranoa and South West Qld
Reports to: Manager SAC
Closing date: Sunday 26th May 2019
Contact person: Jessica Walsh, Manager SAC.
Contact number: (07) 46 265 228
This position requires the following key skills and attributes:
• Extensive computer and typing skills
• Attention to detail
• Mature and professional approach
• Experience in an office administration/secretarial role
• Multi-tasking in a busy team environment
• Proficient in bookkeeping tasks
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Excellent written & verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving techniques
• Enthusiasm and ability to use initiative
• Excellent telephone manner with outstanding people skills
• Ability to cover reception and provide assistance with other duties as required
• Enthusiasm to work within a team
Please provide the following:
• 1-page cover letter outlining your suitability for the role addressing the key skills and attributes.
• Your current resume, including the names and contact details of two referees.
Other mandatory requirements:
• Hold a valid current driver’s licence and own a car;
• Have a current (or eligibility for) Qld Working with Children Check – ‘Blue Card’;
• Have a current (or eligibility for) Australian Criminal History Check;
• If applicable, have evidence of Australian Work Rights to confirm citizenship or a visa holder.
For more detailed information about the role, please contact the Surat Aboriginal Corporation and request a for a copy of the job description: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.