This is a heads up that the QGC Pathways Apprenticeship and Traineeship Program will open on 12 August and close on 6th September 2019.
The program provides a pathway to roles with QGC as a wellsite operator, gas plant operator, mechanical technician, electrical and instrumentation technician, and warehouse operator.
Program participants receive on-the-job training, mentoring, and structured training through TAFE.
- 12 August – Applications open.
- August – September – Community information sessions (more details to follow).
- 6 September – Applications close.
Program participants must live locally i.e. in the Western Down Regional Council; Toowoomba Regional Council; Maranoa Regional Council; Banana Shire Council; or Central Highlands Regional Council.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Traditional Owners from QGC’s area of Operations don’t have to live locally when they apply; however, they need to be able to move if they are offered a place in the program. They also need to be able to make their own way to Chinchilla for the assessment centre if they are shortlisted.
Application and assessment: Candidates apply online. Applicants will be shortlisted based on their applications and a short phone interview with a recruiter.
Short listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment centre in Chinchilla, which involves group activities and an interview.
In the interview, candidates must be able to provide examples where they have:
- Shown that they understand the importance of safety.
- Demonstrated a commitment to safety.
- Demonstrated that they have a positive attitude, and can respond to feedback.
- Been reliable e.g. consistently turning up to work, training etc, on time.
- Applied themselves to achieving or finishing something.
- Contributed to a team outcome.
Examples can relate to work experience, sporting or volunteering activites, or something in their personal lives.
Candidates must also be able to pass a drug and alcohol test.
For more information about the current or upcoming intake, please contact myself (Temeka) at QGC or MIGAS Apprentices and Trainees on 07 3868 1815.