- Date: July 2019.
- Position: Trades Assistant – Multiple Opportunities Available.
- About Global Engineering And Construction (GEC): GEC is the Santos Preferred Subcontractor for all flowline and lease connection projects in the Cooper Basin. We specialise in the installation, maintenance and repair of all Oil and Gas in-service pipelines and facilities.
We are committed to providing our Clients with a high-quality product and have a team of experienced and dedicated personnel that contribute to the safe and efficient delivery of our products. We provide a supportive work environment for the people who work for us, and actively encourage professional growth and development within the company.
- Location: Moomba – Cooper Basin, FIFO (Brisbane or Adelaide).
- Hours: 12 hours per day during shift – rosters vary depending on project schedules and requirements.
- Department: Upstream Operations.
- Remuneration: An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates based on relevant skills and experience.
- Term: Casual or Temporary Full-time contract (up to 12 months).
- Commencement Date: To be negotiated with successful candidates.
- About the Role: This role will provide support to experienced personnel in the delivery of pipeline and lease construction projects across the Cooper Basin, SA. Duties will include but are not limited to;
– Preparation activities along the ROW for pipeline installation.
– Supporting blast crew.
– Excavation spotting activities.
– General site duties including layout and packing up of tooling and materials, ensuring vehicles and worksites are clean and tidy, rubbish removal etc.
– Performing maintenance checks on company and 3rd party assets.
– Comply with Company and Client HSE guidelines and procedures.
– Maintain positive communication with supervisors and other crew members.
This role provides you with opportunities to expand your skills and experience in the Oil, Gas and Energy Industries and provides training opportunities to interested candidates.
- Essential Requirements:
– High regard for safety. Required to actively contribute to the company QHSE based activities to ensure the health, safety and well-being of yourself and others.
– Self-motivated to achieve daily expectations.
– Positive attitude and good communication skills.
– A desire to learn new skills.
– Flexible and adapts well to change.
– Manual Driver’s Licence.
– As part of the recruitment process, suitable applicants will be required to complete pre-employment medical testing including drug and alcohol screening and undergo and Australian Federal Police criminal history check.
- How To Apply: Email your current CV together with a cover letter to: email@example.com; any queries regarding the position can also be directed to this email address.
This is an identified Aboriginal/Torres Strait Islander Position. The successful applicant will be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait person, identify as such, and be identified as such in the community in which they belong. *
Shortlisting for this position will begin immediately.