Current Employment & Training Opportunities
Indigenous Workstars was established to provide employers with Indigenous employees throughout Australia.
Head on over to our website for more details about the following positions and how to apply www.workstars.com.au/jobs
- Indigenous Business Adminisration Trainees – Bokarina QLD
- Junior Indigenous Apprentice Light Vehicle Mechanic – Nambour QLD
- Indigenous Apprentice Chef – Mooloolaba QLD
- Junior Indigenous Apprentice Painter and Decorator – Maroochy River QLD
- Indigenous Apprentice Chef – Mudjimba QLD
- Indigenous Human Resources Professional – Wynnum QLD
- Horticulture Career Preparation Program – Sunshine Coast QLD
- Aged Care and Disability Services Career Readiness Program – Sunshine Coast QLD
- Ready for Retail Career Launchpad – Yeppoon QLD
Apply for the above jobs at www.workstars.com.au/jobs
2020 SHELL QGC CAREER PATHWAYS PROGRAM
Applications are now open for the 2020 Shell QGC Pathways Program
Opportunities exist in the following roles:
- Electrical and Instrumental Apprenticeships
- Mechanical Apprenticeships
- Warehouse Traineeship
- IT Field Engineer Traineeship
To apply and for all FAQ’s, go to https://www.migas.com.au/jobs/qgcpathways/
Need assistance with your cover letter and resume?? Email firstname.lastname@example.org WE ARE HERE TO HELP!!!
Applications will close Friday 6th September 2019 at 5pm.
SUNSHINE COAST OPPORTUNITIES
INDIGENOUS STOREMAN SUNSHINE COAST
Our client is currently seeking an Indigenous Storeman for a 4 month contract for their Sewerage Treatment Plant upgrade on the Sunshine Coast.
Successful applicants must:
- Have a minimum 2 year’s experience within the industry in Stores
- Flexibility to assist with other works when required
- Have a MR Drivers Licence and LF Licence (Preferred but not essential)
- Reside locally and be available immediately
- Willing to undertake Hepatitis A & B Vaccinations
If this sounds like you please send an updated COVER LETTER and RESUME to email@example.com
INDIGENOUS AGED CARE WORKERS – CALOUNDRA
Do you have your Certificate 3 in Individual Support or Aged Care? We NEED you!! Please note, WEEKEND WORK will be required.
If you are interested in these roles, please send your resume and updated cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
INDIGENOUS RETAIL READY PROGRAM
In partnership with Stockland and the Australian Retailers Association, MURAConnect is seeking applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who are interested in participating in the retail ready program on the Sunshine Coast.
This program will give the participant the opportunity to gain skills and possible employment within the retail industry. The program encompasses:
- Completion of formal training that provides participants with work skills applicable to the retail sector
- 2-weeks (20 hours per week) of unpaid work experience with a Stockland retailer
- The opportunity to compete for full-time, part-time, or casual employment with retailers participating in the program
Successful candidates will need to be able to commence the program on Monday the 19th August 2019, to apply please email your resume to email@example.com
INDIGENOUS BARBER & BARISTA ROLES – BIRTINYA & BARINGA
Our client is currently looking for at least 2 candidates to firstly complete an Internship, to make sure they are both suited to this unique role!
You will be working in a barber shop, that has a coffee shop attached and will be learning both roles.
- Wants to learn to be a barber (will complete a traineeship)
- Happy to also serve coffee
- Like to work in a family environment
- Has a great personality
- Works well in a team
Presentation – ANYTHING GOES!! This role is all about personality and fitting in with the existing long term team members!
To apply, please send your resume and updated cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
WIDE BAY BURNETT OPPORTUNITIES
SUPPORT WORKERS – BUNDABERG AND MARYBOROUGH
Our clients are currently seeking Indigenous Support Workers to work in Bundaberg and Maryborough. They are also willing to take on candidates to complete their placement hours.
- Certificate 3 in Individual Support, or currently obtaining
- Ability to work rosters and flexibility when required
- Reliant transport to and from work
If this sounds like you, please send and UPDATED COVER LETTER and RESUME to email@example.com
INDIGENOUS BAR STAFF and KITCHEN HAND
If you have your RSA & RSG then I may have an opportunity for you. Our client is seeking the following positions:
2 x Bar Staff
- Must have Responsible Service of Alcohol and Responsible Service of Gambling qualifications.
- Work days and hours depend of necessity
- Casual/Part-Time on-call. – If you work out well, this will lead to more hours and nights. Initial hours are 9:30am – 2pm. If you are a great people person and have the quals, then have a go!! Could lead to great things!!
We also have a kitchen hand position going which is also part-time/on-call with a view to more hours and nights. Currently a part-time fill in role on Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays for lunch and dinner food prep.
If you live in Yarraman, Nanango or Kinagroy and have a licence and reliable vehicle, then please feel free to apply.
Resumes can be sent to Stephen@workstars.com.au
INDIGENOUS PRODUCTION WORKERS – PARKHURST
Do you have a background in concrete, construction or manufacturing? We are looking for Indigenous candidates to work roles in an industrial production line
- You will need to be hard working
- Have a strong work ethic
To express your interest in these positions please send an updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
SECURITY OFFICERS – ROCKHAMPTON
Indigenous security company are currently seeking Security Officers with Cert 2 or 3 in Crowd Control, need to start ASAP.
Please send your resume and updated cover letter to Joanne@workstars.com.au
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Our client, a market leader in the supply of highly skilled blue and white-collar personnel for full site manning, temporary labour provision, staffing and recruitment to the resource industry are seeking Indigenous applicants for the following roles:
- Implementation Coordinator – Brisbane QLD (some travel required)
- Operations Program Engineer – Chinchilla QLD
- Operations Program Engineer – Brisbane QLD
- Contract Specialist – Curtis Island QLD
- Procurement Specialist – Brisbane QLD
- Electrical Engineer – Surat Basin QLD
- Document Controller – Brisbane QLD
For a copy of any of the above position descriptions, please send an email to email@example.com